Image Map

March 21, 2011

Good Living Magazine: Paper & Button Flowers Project 2


These adorable flowers evolved from an entirely different idea and I am so glad they did.  I seem to do that constantly.  And every time I look at these, I feel happy.

So I do a happy dance. 

I know that buttons and paper flowers are not a new concept.  But I like the simplicity of this project that can appeal to all ages.  PLUS...I wanted something classy smooshed with super, duper, wuper EASY!  


Yep, I added the wuper. I needed another "uper" sound for appropriate emphasis.

These flowers were made for the Spring Issue of Good Living Magazine and I focused this issue's crafts around Easter and Mother's Day.  These are perfect to make with your little ones or anyone who want to make them simply for their pretty appeal! 


Materials Needed:
Paper flowers, paper leaves, pretty buttons, floral wire, craft glue, vase for your flowers





This project had a few kinks (plus some tips) that I will share with you .  :)

1.  I chose these particular buttons since they were matching, feminine and pretty.  But because some had the loop backs on them, it made it more difficult to attach it to the flower.  If this project will be done with kids I recommend regular buttons with holes.  Or larger buttons with relatively larger holes.
2.  I also used cloth covered floral wire which got stripped as I threaded it through smaller button holes.  You may want to use regular floral wire or strip the top of the floral wire where you put it through the button and paper flower. Or don't use floral wire at all and simply use chenille pipe cleaners.
3. All the supplies I used are from Joann's.  The flowers and leaves are from the embossed punch out pad from Colorbok (Flea Market line).  I could not find you a direct link except to the Colorbok blog. You could use any paper flowers (I find great ones in the dollar bin at Michael's) or you can make your own.

I hope you make this craft and let me know what you think! 

Hugs!
XOXO

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...what do I think....how cute! & you picked out the cutest buttons & papers ever! I can't imagine have you Midas touch...must be rough :) I am sure the mag editors have given you many raises by now :) OR THEY SHOULD...HINT HINT EDITOR :) ...Just thought I'd try for ya :) But they are very blessed to have you Jess!!! Very very cute! Annie might be making some for her Grandmas....but I do't think that the magazxine will be calling for photos of hers :) Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Incredibly Lovely! Even if you did need some hand cream! :) lol
    you are too funny! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...these are adorable!!! Love this idea...I need a bunch for my home! Hugs my sweet talent friend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree these are just adorable!I am new to your blog and I am so glad that I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are se pretty! The tutorial is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love it. When you used the word simplicity I got even more excited to try this project. I am a Girlscout, Daisy Leader and I have been skimming the web for something adorable and simple for my girls to make and give for their mommy's. Thanks for the great idea. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this awesome post...we made these and gave ya a shout out...come check them out!
    much loves ♥sevensisters

    http://sevensistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2011/04/goodbye-winter-hello-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are sooo cute! I probably use my Silhouette to cut out the flowers & use Close To My Heart papers.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!